A trained veterinary technician will use an ultrasonic scaler to remove the plaque from above and below the gum line. After removing all the tarter we will then polish your pet’s teeth. This is an important step because smoothing the tooth’s surface will slow and reduce future build up.
Why it is important to get your pet’s teeth cleaned?
- Dental disease is the #1 illness affecting pets?
- Dental tarter contains a bunch of bacteria that can affect the heart, kidneys and lungs.
- By age 3, 70% of cats and 80% of dogs have some sort of dental disease.
- Good Dental care can help pets live up to 20% longer.
Signs You Need to Schedule a Dental Cleaning
- Bad Breath
- Discolored teeth
- Receding and/ or bleeding gums
- Loose or missing teeth
- Poor appetite